Pen and Paper Theatre Company is registered with Companies House, trading as Pen and Paper Theatre.
Our website address is: www.penandpapertheatre.co.uk.
Our email address is: email@example.com
Pen and Paper Theatre is committed to the protection and correct use of the personal data of anyone who is involved with us, artists, audiences, and staff including participants, parents or carers, donors and volunteers. It is our utmost priority to meet the standards and stipulations previously set out in the Data Protection Act and those in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which is effective from 25 May 2018.
We strive only to collect data that is absolutely necessary and store it securely for an appropriate amount of time. We will not contact you with marketing material unless you have explicitly asked to receive updates. At any time you can request to have your details erased or amended.
This notice provides general information about what data we collect, why we collect it, how long and how it is used and stored. If you require more information on GDPR then please visit ICO’s website www.ICO.org.uk
Who is collecting your data?
Pen and Paper Theatre and its subsidiaries, which can include our online systems, staff, freelancers, agencies or third-party partners may collect your data.
We may collect your data via registration forms, sign-ups, ticket purchases, CVs and cover letters, subscriptions, comments, or any other online communications.
What types of personal data do we collect?
We process personal information to enable us to support the provision of theatre activity for children and young people, maintain our own accounts and records, promote our activity and support and manage our employees. We also process personal information about staff who deliver our services.
The types of personal and or sensitive information we use include:
- Personal details such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, email and age
- Emergency contact details
- Employment details, for example for those that work for us either directly or, are commissioned by us to provide a service
- Financial details, where we provide or take payment for services
- Audio / Visual materials for use in marketing and PR (When permission is granted via our Permissions Form)
- Responses to surveys, where individuals have responded to marketing questions
- Medical information or additional needs
- Employment tribunal applications, complaints, accidents, and incident details
How do we use the collected information?
Any collected information or data is only collected to assist with the day-to-day management of Pen and Paper Theatre,
- To assist in the day-to-day management of Pen and Paper Theatre
- To ensure activity is planned and delivered to meet participants’ needs
- To contact you with important information
- To review the activity provided to ensure it is of the highest possible standard
- To report to our funders on our activity
- To maintain health and safety for staff, audiences and participants
- To process incoming payments for an activity or outgoing payments for work, services or refunds
- To record and monitor any activity.
There may be other ways that we use your data that have not been identified above, however, if the way we use this data is outside of those listed above explicit notification will be given.
Data is only used by the members of Pen and Paper Theatre Co, and its affiliates who need to process it or use it to lead activity safely and correctly. If collected information is going to be used with any other organisation you will be informed during data collection and this will also be documented to you at the earliest opportunity.
If permission is granted then we may share images or film footage of participants with the press or funders.
There are a number of reasons why we share information. This can be due to:
- Our obligations to comply with current legislation
- Our duty to comply with a Court Order
- You have consented to the disclosure
- For process, delivery, and monitoring or reporting
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto ‘terminal equipment’ (eg a computer or smartphone) when the user accesses a website. It allows the website to recognise that user’s device and store some information about the user’s preferences or past actions.
The data processing may take place with your consent or on the basis of a legitimate interest, which you can object to in the privacy settings. You have the right not to consent and to change or revoke your consent at a later time.
To manage the cookies and similar technologies used (tracking pixels, web beacons, etc.) and related consents, we use the consent tool “Real Cookie Banner”. Details on how “Real Cookie Banner” works can be found at https://devowl.io/rcb/data-processing/.
The legal bases for the processing of personal data in this context are Art. 6 (1) lit. c GDPR and Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest is the management of the cookies and similar technologies used and the related consents.
You may be contractually required or it is necessary to provide certain information, where we will not be able to manage your consent or details for processing. If you have further questions or clarification, you can contact us at Hello@penandpapertheatre.co.uk
Cookies that are collected on this site include:
- Gravatar – For our members-only area – Stroing a cookie for those who save login details.
- JetPack – Our Site Security
- WordPress – Our host
- Google Analytics – For monitoring and data purposes
- WPForms – Our Contact form builder and host
How long we retain your data?
All participant and audience data is kept for 2 years after their last attendance
All received job applications and records are kept in a secure file for 6 – 12 months
Marketing databases will be refreshed every 3 years
When consent is provided, images and videos will be kept for an indefinite amount of time for Marketing and PR purposes and may be used in the long-term of the business.
If a comment is left, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights do you have over your data?
Under GDPR, every individual has the right to:
- Erasure – also known as the right to be forgotten
- Have inaccurate personal data rectified or completed if it is incomplete
- Prevent their data from being processed for marketing purposes
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You can make a request in writing or in person and we will get back to you within 1 month to confirm your request has been addressed.
Where your data is kept?
All data is securely kept digitally via Google Workspace, which is fully managed by Pen and Paper Theatre Co, and includes Google Drive and its apps.
We will not use information that identifies you unless there is a lawful reason to do so.
All appropriate staff will receive training to ensure they maintain the standards set out in data protection and GDPR.
In the unlikely event of a data breach – we will report the incident to ICO within 72 hours.
If you have any questions or feedback on how we manage your data then please get in touch in the following ways
• by email firstname.lastname@example.org
• by phone 07751302705
If you wish to complain about the way we have used your data then you are advised to get in touch with us in first instance. If you are unsatisfied with how we have responded, then you can report it to the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office).
Consent and Privacy Settings
[rcb-consent type=”change” tag=”a” text=”Change privacy settings”]
[rcb-consent type=”history” tag=”a” text=”Privacy settings history”]
[rcb-consent type=”revoke” tag=”a” text=”Revoke consents” successmessage=”You have successfully revoked consent for services with its cookies and personal data processing. The page will be reloaded now!”]